Are You Struggling with Dry Eyes?
You rely on your vision every day, but irritating dry eye symptoms can get in the way of living life to its fullest. Not only are dry eyes uncomfortable, but they can also impact your job performance, make daily tasks increasingly difficult, and so much more.
Our optometry team is committed to providing you with the vision care you need and deserve. At our practice, we’re proud to offer OptiLight by Lumenis to our patients, specially designed to help you find relief from dry eye disease.
Book an appointment today to see how OptiLight can help you!
What Is Dry Eye Disease?
Dry eye disease is an eye condition that occurs when your eyes don’t get adequate lubrication from your tears to keep them moist and comfortable. This is often a result of your eyes not producing enough tears or producing tears that are low quality.
Your tears are made up of 3 distinct layers, all of which work together to keep your eyes healthy and lubricated:
- The oily layer prevents your tears from evaporating too quickly
- The watery layer delivers nutrients to your eyes
- The mucus layer keeps your tear film stuck to the surface of your eyes If there’s an issue with any one of these layers, it can lead to dry eye disease.
The Role of the Meibomian Glands
One of the leading causes of dry eye disease is meibomian gland dysfunction.
Meibomian gland dysfunction occurs when blockages form in your meibomian glands, which are located around the edges of your eyelid. These blockages prevent your tear film from getting the oils it needs, which can cause your tears to evaporate too quickly, leading to dry eye symptoms.
What Is OptiLight by Lumenis?
OptiLight by Lumenis is a safe, gentle, and effective treatment for dry eye symptoms caused by meibomian gland dysfunction. This non-invasive procedure is the first and only FDA-approved intense pulsed light (IPL) treatment for dry eye management.
OptiLight uses precise pulses of light, done in the area below the eyes, to reduce dry eye symptoms. This 10-15 minute procedure can significantly relieve dry eye symptoms by:
- Increasing tear break-up time
- Reducing the amount of demodex mites and bacteria living around your eyes
- Eliminating blood vessels that contribute to inflammation
- Improving meibomian gland functionality
Is OptiLight by Lumenis Right for Me?
While OptiLight by Lumenis is an effective dry eye management solution, we want to make sure it’s right for you. We do not recommend this treatment if you:
- Are taking certain medications, like Accutane
- Have active acne
- Suffer from certain skin disorders
- Are susceptible to keloid scarring
- Have severe scarring
- Have severely sunburned recently
Your optometrist is the only person who can determine which dry eye treatment is best for you and your individual needs. During your next eye exam, ask us if you are a good candidate for OptiLight by Lumenis.
We’re Here to Help
Our team is here to help you find relief from dry eyes. We always strive to offer our patients a comprehensive eye care experience, and our treatments reflect that.
Book an appointment today to see how OptiLight by Lumenis can help you!
Located conveniently to serve Fuquay Varina residents, we offer hours to suit every family’s schedule.
- 505 North Judd Parkway NE
- Fuquay Varina, North Carolina 27526
Hours of Operation
- Monday: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Tuesday: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Wednesday: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Thursday: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Friday: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: Closed
We’ve got eyewear options for the entire family, in every budget and every style. Our team will help you pick the perfect frames for your face shape and lifestyle needs.
We carry durable frames for kids, funky colors and shapes for trendy teens, and style-savvy classics for office-goers. No matter your needs, we can find you something that fits your prescription and looks good too!
It shouldn’t be stressful to shop for eyewear—we’ll help make it easy by walking you through lens options, frame materials, and more. Come on in and shop for your perfect pair of glasses today.